Top 15 Buying Tips For Stamporama Auctions
The list below provides auction buyers and sellers with a quick outline of the more important things to remember when bidding and buying in the auctions. For more in-depth information, please see the Auction Rules, and Auction Tutorials.
- All transactions conducted on Stamporama are between the buyer and the seller.
- Keep your membership profile up-to-date.
- Make sure your email service provider is not blocking emails sent from Stamporama.
- Do not bid on or buy an auction lot unless you are willing to pay for it.
- Carefully read all of the seller’s terms of sale before bidding on or buying an item.
- Ask the seller any questions you have before bidding on or buying an item.
- All bids are in United States dollars.
- Carefully review your bid to make sure it is correct before clicking on the CONFIRM button.
- Bids cannot be retracted.
- Keep track of your bidding and buying activity.
- There is no sniping on Stamporama. Late bids extend the closing time of an auction lot.
- The Buy It Now option can be used by another buyer even if there is a bid on the lot.
- Bidders receive an automated email when they have won or bought an auction lot. These emails cannot be responded to directly, so you need to contact the seller directly.
- Buyers must pay for items purchased within 5 days of receiving an invoice from the seller, and mark the invoice as "PAID" when the payment has been made.
- Communicate directly with the seller if any problems arise, and only request assistance from the auctioneer if a satisfactory resolution cannot be achieved.
This page was last updated on Sept 3, 2023.